Roasted Garlic HummusIngredients:
- 3 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or lime juice)
- generous amount roasted garlic (5 cloves to a half head)
- cumin to taste
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- 1/2 Tablespoon sesame tahini (can use more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon good olive oil (can use more if desired)
First roast your garlic (very important). This recipe will not taste the same if you skip this step. Roasting the garlic gives this hummus a nice mellow yet rich flavor. To do this, wrap garlic head in foil, then place in 350 degree oven (or toaster oven) for 30 minutes.
Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender and puree until desired smoothness. Add more liquid if desired.