Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My CROCKPOT CHILI

This chili is a compilation of beans that I have on hand. It is quick and easy. Sometimes, if I don't have canned beans in my pantry, I will use beans to soak the night before (or do quick soak method). The idea is to throw it all into the crockpot and let it cook.

Today I have:
  • 15 oz can Canellini Beans
  • 15 oz can Black Beans
  • 15 oz can Red Kidney Beans
  • 15 oz can Garbanzo Beans
IDEAS:
You could also use veggie "ground beef" crumbles like morning star or boca crumbles.
What about Corn? We love using frozen corn too.

  • Onion - Chopped
  • Garlic - Minced
  • Bell Pepper - Chopped
  • Carrots -- Chopped
  • Olive Oil

  • 2 32oz containers of vegetable broth
  • 2 15 oz cans of diced tomatoes

  • Seasonings:
  • Chili Powder
  • Cumin Powder
  • Fresh Parsley

In a pan, I will saute Onion, Garlic, Carrots, Corn and Bell pepper in some olive oil. Add seasonings to coat. (Sometimes I skip this step and just put it all straight into the crock.

Add the vegetables into the crockpot with beans and veggie meat, broth, tomatoes, and seasonings. Cook on High for about 5 hours or on Low for about 7 hours.

Serve with a dollop of sour cream, some shredded cheese on top, or some chunky avocado!

No comments: