Sunday, February 28, 2010

Taco Soup -- SLOW COOKER

TACO SOUP -- SLOW COOKER


Today I made this soup for my family -- it is pouring rain here and this is a perfect warm, delicious COMFORT food for a rainy day! I am serving the Taco Soup with some Nacho Cheese Tortillas chips I found from Trader Joes.

This is one of my favorite easy crock-pot meals. Probably because it is easy to throw together and you can really vary it however it suits your tastes, what you have on hand in your pantry, and whatever dietary needs you may have. I adapted the recipe from here... and I have made it many times with different variations.


TACO SOUP - SLOW COOKER

The Ingredients:
--2 cans of kindey beans

--2 cans of pinto beans
--2 cans of corn
--1 large can of diced tomatoes
--1 can diced green chiles
--1 packet taco seasoning
--1 packet ranch dressing mix
--1 32oz box of broth (veggie or chicken--whatever you prefer)
--1 lb browned ground turkey or hamburger (optional.) I used Trader Joes Veggie Sausage Links
--shredded cheese, sour cream, diced green scallions, and/or avocado for embelishment

The Directions:

--brown whatever meat (if you are going to use it) -- I sometimes add a small diced onion.
--add to crockpot
--sprinkle seasoning packets on top of meat
--drain and rinse the beans and add
--add the ENTIRE contents of the corn, tomato, and green chili cans
--stir.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5. I think the longer you cook soup, the better, so if you have the time, opt for cooking on low. Stir well, and serve with your favorite toppings!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would love for you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday this week at Dining With Debbie. Mister Linky will be up Tuesday evening for you to link up. Thanks for sharing your menu with all of us. Have a great week.